Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
Applied Clinical Nutrition
Human Anatomy and Physiology Instruction
Bachelor of Professional Studies
Chiropractors and Acupuncturists Team Up for Joint Approach to HealingFriday, March 24, 2017
In their clinical training, Doctor of Chiropractic students at New York Chiropractic College work in one of four NYCC health centers. Each of these ...moreChiropractic and NutritionThursday, March 16, 2017
Many chiropractic students see the positive impact that eating well can have on their own lives and health, but it also can make for a great addition ...more
Doctor of Chiropractic
You are going to be a doctor.
It's a journey -- a professional degree earned over 10 trimesters (three years and four months), leading to a Doctor of Chiropractic (DC). Core sciences. Evidence-based research. Time-honored adjustment techniques. You grow step by step. Discovery. Obstacles. Guides and mentors. Clinical opportunities. Eventually, mastery.
You, becoming a doctor alongside peers from diverse undergraduate backgrounds -- exercise science, kinesiology, athletic training, nursing . A community of aspiring doctors who model day-by-day what it takes to be well and stay well.
You encouraged by the support of our dedicated Career Development and Professional Success Team.
Finally, you joining the ranks of NYCC alumni thriving in clinical settings and private practice. United by a common bond -- a dedication to daily preparation, a patient-first approach and steadfast work ethic.
Pursuing perfect form. Becoming better doctors each day.
Over the course of your study -- through 10 trimesters, each 15 weeks in length -- you will prepare to provide primary and collaborative care as a Doctor of Chiropractic -- placing special emphasis on neuromusculoskeletal conditions and overall patient wellness.
- Doctor of Chiropractic Program covers 10, 15-week trimesters
- Three years and four months, total
- Full-time resident study
- Electives + clinical internship
- Dual Degree options (Acupuncture, Nutrition, Human Anatomy and Physiology Instruction)
Doctor of Chiropractic Curriculum At A Glance
(PDF) Course Listings by Trimester
Prepare in real clinical and research settings, and gain hands-on practice. Learn from expert mentor-practitioners in an array of diverse healthcare environments.
- Starting seventh trimester
- Full-year clinic-based internship
- Clinical practice and research settings
- Four NYCC operated health centers: Seneca Falls, Buffalo/Depew, Rochester, Long Island/Levittown
- Major hospitals, research centers and clinics:
- – Veterans Administration (VA) Hospitals (Canandaigua, Rochester, Bath, and Buffalo, NY)
- – University of Rochester Medical Center (Monroe Community Hospital)
- – Salvation Army Clinics
- – Buffalo Spine and Sports Institute
- – National Naval Medical Center; Bethesda, MD
Join a community of people who care about health, in one of the most beautiful parts of the eastern United States. Our Seneca Falls campus sits right on Cayuga Lake.
- Learn, live and thrive on a 286 acre campus
- Located in the beautiful and historic New York Finger Lakes Region
- – Surrounded by lakes, New York's only National Forest, National Parks and some of the state's most scenic waterfalls
- – Outdoor paradise: hiking, kayaking, sailing, skiing, biking
- – Historic town of Seneca Falls
- the birthplace of America's Women's Suffrage movement
- Town backdrop to "It's a Wonderful Life."
- – Less than an hour from Rochester, Syracuse and Ithaca
- Modest cost of living
- High quality of life
- Top-flight academic settings:
- – State-of-the-art anatomy center and physiopathology labs
- – Smart tech diagnosis, and chiropractic technique laboratories
- – First biomechanical research laboratory in a chiropractic setting
- – Advanced classrooms and labs for wireless, interactive and distance learning
- High-end amenities:
- – Lakeside location
- – Fully appointed athletic center: basketball, racquetball, weights, fitness machines
- – Olympic-size pool
- – Outdoor athletic fields
- – School-owned golf course and driving range
- – On campus theater (351-seat) hosts touring entertainment
- – On campus dormitories
The NYCC alumni network reaches far, as do your career opportunities. Prepare to open your own clinic, or work side-by-side with other healthcare practitioners. Or, prepare for specialization in a number of areas, such as working with athletes, children or aging populations.
- 6800 alumni
- 94% of NYCC graduates still practicing seven years after graduation
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects jobs for chiropractors to grow by 15 percent, twice national average
- Online Career Development Center helps transition graduates from clinical to career:
- – Matching graduates to associate openings, practices for sale, and active jobs
- – Mapping areas where demand for chiropractors exceeds supply
- – State licensure information
- – Practice management resources
- Alumni assistance provided through business management and coaching program
- Extensive Postgraduate and Continuing Education seminars to keep licensure up to date and skills sharp